Evaluate your financial situation.
- Consider an emergency budget.
- Contact creditors ahead of time. Ask about
temporary lower rates, extensions, hardship plans.
- Research what community and government assistance
- Consider your retirement savings. Normally this
is taboo, but these are not normal times.
- Explore if there is any way you can earn income
- Discuss alternative, creative and safe ways to
work with your employer and fellow employees, such as delivery services or
- If you file income taxes and expect a return,
get them filed if you haven’t done so.
- Stay away from payday loans.
- Sit tight on your stocks and bonds.
- Beware of scams.
- Resist online binge shopping.
Several of my clients are struggling with issues
related to corona virus. I am offering some of the tips these clients have
suggested for navigating today’s uncertain waters.